tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 07 16:19:28 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: QopmoH (v)

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> Is there a phonetic that I can look at to try to sound this out? Also, how
would one say, "You > have worn me out!" as in after a fight?

Well, I don't know about the phonetic, but as for the way to say "You have
worn me out", you could try:

{choQopmoH} "You have caused me to be worn out."

But I don't know that you would want to say it this way. KGT p163:

Qop (to be dead, referring to food)
"It is not appropriate to say {SuvwI' Qop} (worn-out warrior, dead
warrior)."

The text doesn't say whether this is derogatory or not, but, if pressed, I
would guess this is an insult (all other utterances that equate a sentient
being with food are), and probably nothing you would want to say about
yourself.

You could do something like:

{batlh bISuv. jIDoy'qu'!} You fight well (honorably). I'm very tired!

Or the like.

--ngabwI'
tIq. taQ. tlhIngan tlhaq. HovpoH!
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/ngabwi/