tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 02 17:43:48 2003

RE: Tao Te Ching Chp. 75

Eric Andeen ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

ngoDvammo' seems, at least to me, to be perfect for this. I don't see it as
clumsy at all.

pagh

-----Original Message-----
From: Agnieszka Solska [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 1:06 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Tao Te Ching Chp. 75

75K
qatlh ghungqu'taH nuvpu'?
rupqu'mo' mochpu'chaj 'ej tIrchaj luSopmo'.
ngoDvammo' [A] ghungqu'taH nuvpu'.

qatlh Qatlhqu' nuvpu' che'meH Qu'?
nISmo' mochpu'chaj.
ngoDvammo' Qatlhqu' nuvpu' che'meH Qu'.

qatlh Hegh luSaHbe' nuvpu'?
tlhoy yIn luSaHmo' mochpu'chaj.
ngoDvammo' Hegh luSaHbe' nuvpu'.

yIn qImHa'ghach qaq law'
yIn naDqu'ghach qaq puS.

75E
Why are the people starving?
Because those above them put heavy taxes
   on them and eat up their grain.
That's why the people are starving.

Why are the people difficult to rule?
Because those above them are meddlesome.
That's why the people are difficult to rule.

Why are the people are unconcerned about death?
Because those above them care too much about life.
That's why the people are unconcerned about death.

It is better to disregard life
than to exalt it too much.

[A] {ngoDvammo'}: I needed something more emphatic than plain {vaj}.
However, if {ngoDvammo'} is clumsy, I won't mind replacing it with {vaj}.

'ISqu'
http://www.geocities.com/taoteching_klingon