tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 17 15:37:39 2003

Re: Word for 'shop'?

PeHruS9 ([email protected])

In a message dated 11/15/2003 1:21:21 PM Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> I can't find a general word for store, either, but there could be something
>
> like {ngevwI' qach}

I've been using Suyqach.  Probably not the best.  tlhongmeH qach might be
better.  Some Earth languages think of a store as a place to buy "vegetables,"
among other things, so they render it as naH qach.  But, it always appears as if
Klingon thinking patterns are not like those of Earth-bound cultures; so, it
is a good practice to not try to follow Earthling thinking.

peHruS

Back to archive top level