tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 30 20:46:29 2003

mu'mey noH yItaghbe'!

tlhIngan Hol vIpo'Ha'ba' 'e' tu' Hoch.
'a Degh SengvaD vIQubpu'.

chaq not Degh pong luchenmoHlu'.
mu' Degh mu'Hom Dehg ghap lo' ghItlhghagh pat yIQub!

... (I better get some sleep instead of translating all this) ...

mu'mey luSuvmoHlu' 'e' quvHa'qu'lu'!
qep'a' yIloS 'ej betleHwIj Dalo' 'e' yIghuS!

Qapla'
  DIraHvIlov

I am a complete newbee to klingon as everbody might have noticed.
Anyhow I though about the klingon-letter problem a bit, too.

Maybe there aren't any special letter names of any kind.
Just think of an writing system which uses word symbols or syllable symbols or something like that...
It's extremely likely then that the Symbols are called like the word they represent.
Ok, the thing we still lack is a cannon proof of that and the symbols themselves...
But it may also be that the klingon don't use any writing system and just save data as audio.
Ok that's unlikely for they developped some the computers and i bet you cannot do that without writing.
But until we get some information from MO we cannot be sure and therefore this discussion is useless anyhow :(
However it's surely a good idea not to start flamewar of anykind in here, i bet it's not an honor to fight with words only :P
Wait for the qep'a' and take a bat'leth each :)

Success
  Drahflow

Back to archive top level