tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 29 16:02:11 2003

Re: Klingon Alphabet

> We don't have information about how the Klingon writing system(s) works
> because Mike Okuda, scenic designer for Star Trek shows (starting with The
> Next Generation), wanted to be able to put up pictures of Klingon writing
> without having to worry about what it means.

Are there news about the development of a writing system for tlhIngan Hol?
Is there any work that could bring some hope that it could be ready sometime
within the next couple of years? (gliphs, letter names, alphabetic order if
any, etc?) It would be very dificult to learn if each syllable is
represented by its own symbol not to mention a symbol for each word.

Qapla'
chepqu' ne'

Back to archive top level