tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 23 08:14:38 2003

Re: Opposite of -wI'

> It does seem possible that the Klingon verb stem can have suffixes preceeding
> -wI'.  Some do not appear quite logical.  About 6 years ago, Mark Shoulson
> said that using both -lu' and -wI' would not work.
>
> I can see that -chuq is a problem.  -neS just doesn't do much.
> But, -choH, -qa', -nIS, -vIp, -qang, -rup, -beH, -laH, -taH, -lI', pu', -ta'
> all appear to have limited possibilities.  I'd like to see comments and
> thoughts about this for a while.  I don't see any reason to claim that
> they can work at all times.

We know that -moH can.  ghojmoHwI', chenmoHwI'

-qu' looks very possible, and even -be'.
I can think of some (certainly rare) uses of -taH and -lI'.
Potential suicide bombers could probably get a label with -qang or -rup.

DloraH

Back to archive top level