tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 22 08:16:56 2003

Re: RE: tlhobqa'qu' taghwI'

>I used /DelmeH pab/ as "grammar for describing."  This was my attempt to
>express "descriptive grammar," a concept we have no knowledge of how to
>communicate in Klingon.  I thought it was marginally better than /DelwI'
>pab/ "thing which describes' grammar."

I suggest {Delbogh pab} for 'descriptive grammar'.  It sounds from your
translations as though you consider 'descriptive grammar' to mean 'a tool
for describing a language', whereas I have always thought of it as something
that itself describes the language.