tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 21 11:56:53 2003

Re: Learning

> I am having a difficult time learning Klingon. How long have most of you
> been learning?  How much time do you put into it?

How long have you been studying it?
Many beginners, because they don't realize that it is indeed A LANGUAGE, think
they can learn this so-called code in a couple months.
When one learns a language in highschool or college, how many YEARS is the
language offered.

When I was about three years into it, I picked up one of the jatmey, read it,
and then realized that I just read it without looking up any words.  Sure I
knew that my reading e-mail was improving over time, but this made a nice
milestone.

At my first qep'a', on the first night I was wondering what I got myself into
and why did I go there.  I could not keep up with the mighty Qov at all.  But
by the end of the qep'a' when we went out to eat, I found myself speaking only
klingon, nothing great mind you, but I did do it.

I don't recognize your name.  How long have you been with this list?  A great
way to learn is to practice.  Write to this list.

Attend qep'a' this summer!

> I have the tape
> "Conversational Klingon" . I also have TKD.  The trouble with the tape
> is there is no book to follow along. I really need to see what I am
> hearing.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

If we can find a way for you to prove that you own it, for copyright reasons,
then maybe we can get you a text version of the tape.

DloraH

Back to archive top level