tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 21 11:43:31 2003

Re: Learning

I have been studying the language since early 1995.  The vocabulary of ANY
language is very difficult to grasp when you do not speak it often, or at least
hear it from time to time.  The problem with tlhIngan Hol is that one cannot
simply take a vacation to QonoS for a week of in-depth study.  The only other
option is classroom study or self study, both of which make it very difficult
to grasp.  Have patience, set up quizzes for your self, write out flash cards,
or undertake a personal translation.  I once translated the songs "Iron Man"
by Black Sabbath and "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin (which did not go
well at all).  Keep up practice and you will get it.  Also, print out the
tlhIngan Hol emails sent on this list and translate them in your study time.  The
messages are irrelevant to the practice.
-veS joH

Back to archive top level