tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 15 16:34:42 2003

Re: JangmeH toch De'wI' lo'

lol - that's funny, 'ISqu'.  I was just frustrated that I couldn't translate what Cheesbro was saying  :)  Thanks for making sure I got it, though.  Actually, what I wanted to know was how Cheesbro got his name "DloraH".  It's not Klingon but it appears that way at first glance.  Plus, I don't know if it is spelled DL or Di (-oraH).  And, it is a wonderful pleasure meeting you, 'ISqu'.  Where did you get your name?

Agnieszka Solska <[email protected]> wrote:ghItlh Klingon Emperor:

>So was Cheesbro writing to you?

HISlaH.

>Why is your name in his email ...

jIHvaD ghItlhta'mo'. ngoDvam maq QInDaj.
[Because he had written to me. His message mentioned (i.e. proclaimed) this
fact.]

>and what is it that he is trying to say?

SoHvaD QInvam mughta' DloraH.
DalaDmeH, Daqvam yIghoS:
[DloraH has translated this message for you. To read it, go to the following
page:]

/tlhIngan-Hol/2003/May/msg00107.html

>Plus, it's nice to meat you, 'ISqu'.

qatlho'. tera' tIgh Dapabchu'. motlh tera' tIghmey vISaHbe' 'ach tIghvam
vIpablaHbej.
toH DaH jIjatlhnIS , 'ach Hujlaw'
mu'tlheghvam.
chaq qaq mu'tlhegh {{;-)

[Thanks. You follow Earth customs perfectly. I usually don't care about
Earth customs
but I can certainly follow them. So, now I should say: you, Klingon Emperor>.
However, this sentence seems strange. Perhaps Your Majesty> is better. {{;-)]

>Where and why that name?

qayajchu'be'. De' DapoQbogh vIngu'laHbe'.
[I don't quite understand you. What is it exactly you want to know?]

nuqDaq pongwIj vI'oghta'?
juHwIjDaq.

nuqDaq pongwIj vIlo'?
QIn vIghItlhDI', motlh QInvam bIngDaq pongwIj vIghItlh.

qatlh pongvam vIlo'?
tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaHvIS qoj vIghItlhtaHvIS, tlhIngan pong vIlo'.

qatlh 'ISqu' 'oH pongwIj'e'?
pegh De'vam. {{;-)

'ISqu'

Glory to you, and to your House.