tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 11 10:58:47 2003

Re: JangmeH toch De'wI' lo'

<'ISqu'> 'oH nuq'e' jay'!?!  'ej <cheesbro> 'oH nuq'e'?  <DIoraH> 'oH nuq'e'?  "ngoDvam vIqawnIS" - ngoD 'oH nuq'e'!?!DubelmoHchugh!
<<<

'ISqu', cheesbro, and DloraH are names.
The "fact" is the situation which I described in my message.

"I notice an interesting fact.  I answer for the purpose of a message <'ISqu'> while using a hand-held computer, and a hand-held computer only transmits for the purpose of an <'ISqu'>; it does not transmit for the purpose of Klingon.  <Hmm>.  I must remember this fact; I must write Klingon when I answer."
<<<

First, the suffix -vaD is not "for the purpose of.."  It marks the beneficiary and is better translated as "to" or "for".

So my english would be:
"I replied to 'ISqu's message while using a PDA, and the PDA sent the message only for 'ISqu'; it did not send the message to tlhIngan-Hol (the address for this e-mail goup).  Hmm, I need to remember this; when I reply (to a message from this group) I need to actually fill in [tlhIngan-Hol] (in the To: field)"

>Cheesbro <[email protected]> wrote:ngoD Daj vItu'.
>toch De'wI' vIlo'taHvIS 'ISqu' QInvaD jIjang, 'ej 'ISqu'vaD neH lab toch De'wI'; tlhIngan-HolvaD labbe'. Hmm.
>ngoDvam vIqawnIS; jIjangDI' /tlhIngan-Hol/ vIghItlhnIS.

DloraH

Back to archive top level