tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 15 09:22:40 2003

KLI.org is being slashdotted

Hello and thanks Mark;
     This is the first e-mail I could understand (being a complete novice at Kli).  You are correct on the major delays.  I am probably one of thousands who tried Kri.org for the first time trying to get information passed on to the right people once I heard the news on the radio CNN station.  Within 2 minnutes of hearing the news I did contact a friend in Idaho who is up on the Kli vocabulary.  He told me about the Kli.org website and I tried posting an add there to pas the word.  In order for me to do that my only option was to sign up...  So now I have 48 messages in my in-box and don't know how to opt out (remove myself from your list).  I figured your site was over loaded with messages when I got into it because I have an extremely fast DSL line comparable to most T1 lines.  Your Kli.org site was slower than a snails pace then.  (Within 15 min of my phone call).
     I am not interested in learning Klingon and only wished to pass the word to someone who was fluent in it.  Obviously I have succeded.

Charles M.

"Mark E. Shoulson" <[email protected]> wrote:
I doubt this mail will get out until long after it's too late, but
just in case...

You've probably noticed that everything on the KLI machine, including
the mailing list, is moving at a snail's pace. This is due to
the article about the hospital looking for Klingon interpreters;
enormous numbers of people are following links from those articles
and trying to access our website, with the result that the machine
is severely overloaded.

There's nothing much that can be done about this embarrassment of
riches except wait it out. So just be patient. Thanks!

~mark