tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 05 11:25:38 2003

Hello Tyrus!

You wrote:

> Thanks for writting me .I'm new to whole exprience .
> The only word i know is Kaplah  for success
> I'll keep in touch.

You only know one word, {Qapla'}, so you have a lot of work ahead, if you really wanna learn
Klingon. The best thing to start with is "The Klingon Dictionary". This book is "the bible" for all
klingonists, it contains the most important grammar and vocabulary. But perhabs I need to introduce
myself first...

Greetings, and welcome to the list!
My name is Quvar, I am the current Beginners' Grammarian here. My job is to help out newcomers
and beginners in learning Klingon. I correct grammar and provide advice for those trying to learn
Klingon. If you put "KLBC" at the beginning of the subject line of a message, it marks it as a
beginner level topic. This may be a question for me, or just conversation with other beginners in
general. KLBC is not limited onto to participation by beginners, though! Anyone may contribute.
The rule here is that the first person allowed to discuss the grammar of a KLBC post is the BG (me).
Once I've gotten through with it, if there are any corrections or additions you think of, go ahead and
post. This system keeps the beginner's confusion down to a minimum. If possible, you should also
include what you were trying to say, in English. This will make it easier for me to make sure that
you say what you are trying to say.

The two most important web sites to be aware of, if you are not already:

The Klingon Language Institute:
    http://www.kli.org

This list's FAQ:

The FAQ will certainly answer many of your first questions, and it provides information about how
you can learn Klingon and use this mailing list, and the KLBC.
What language resources do you have already? Have you been thinking about a Klingon name yet?
Where are you from (i.e. which languages do you speak)?

Feel free to ask questions, analyze other people's messages, and attempt your own. Hope to read you
soon!

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH