tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 30 23:05:25 2003

Re: Difference?

So /jaH/ and /ghoS/ can be used interchangeably, aside from the obvious situations when /ghoS/ is the only word that makes sense?

David Trimboli <[email protected]> wrote: From: "Klingon Warrior"

> My goodness, Voragh! What a system you must have to find examples of each
word and their usage. I'm impressed and
>humbled.

He's not called the Ca'Non Master for nothing!

>Thank you for your help, but did Okrand ever say which of the two verbs,
/ghoS/ or /jaH/, should be used only
>in certain situations?

No, Okrand hasn't addressed this.

>Taking an example from below.../ghoS/ is used in this sentence: /nImbuS wej
maghoS, He yInab/. Is
>there any rule or has Okrand said anything that would stop me from saying:
/nImbuS wej majaH, He yInab/?

Actually, the line in Star Trek V, */nImbuS wej maghoS; He yInab/ is in
error. The prefix on /ghoS/ is wrong. It should be:

nImbuS wej wIghoS; He yInab!
We go to Nimbus III; plan a course!
(Set course for Nimbus III!)

With the information we now have, we know it could also be:

nImbuS wejDaq wIghoS; He yInab!

If you used /jaH/, it could be

nImbuS wej wIjaH; He yInab!
or