tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 30 17:15:33 2003

Re: bom tu'qa'lu'

qeraQ wrote:
> > I wanted to post a link to this on a BBS I'm on, I said this, is it right?
> >
> >   tlhIngan Hol lutIv nuvpu'vaD. tlhIngan "Rock" bommey SaH naDev!
> >
> > I was intending to say "For those who really like Klingon, here are
> some Klingon rock
> > songs."

ter'eS:
>Very close, but in the first phrase, you need the relative suffix to
>express "those who", so it should be
>
>   tlhIngan Hol lutIvbogh nuvpu'vaD...

Very close, but you forgot the emphatic {-qu'} "really":

   tlhIngan Hol lutIvqu'bogh nuvpu'vaD...

You can also use the more common synonym {ghot}, as we discussed in a
recent thread:

   tlhIngan Hol lutIvqu'bogh ghotpu'vaD...

And if you really want to show off, you can drop the plural suffix {-pu'} -
which Okrand tells us are always optional - since the verb prefix {lu-}
"they [do something] to it" implies a plural subject:

   tlhIngan Hol lutIvqu'bogh ghotvaD...

though beginners will be confused by the lack of an explicit plural suffix.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level