tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 27 07:40:33 2003

Re: New Klingon Words

----- Original Message -----
From: "Viktor Horak" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 1:12 PM
Subject: New Klingon Words

> Actually, I do not understand the English translations.
> Of course I know individual words, but not in this connection.
> Can anyone help me understand?
>
> QaroH

I don't think anyone's replied to this yet, so I'll take a crack at it.

> mu' qaD veS - curse warfare (n)
This is a ritual battle, in which participants hurl insults at each other.
Resembles "The Dozens"

> peghmey vIttlhegh - secrecy proverb (n)
A sentence uttered to assure the person you are speaking to that you will
keep his/her/its secret.
EX.
{not mev peghmey}- Secrets never cease.
{jIjatlhpa', jatlh Hovmey}- The stars will talk before I will.

> qa'meH vIttlhegh - replacement proverb (n)
A sentence uttered to regain lost honor {quv}.
Like saying, "Oops, my bad"
EX.
{HIvqa' veqlargh}- The Fehk'lr(sp?) stikes again. (My personal favorite).
{DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'}- Set fire to the side when there is
danger.

I'm going to guess you don't have Power Klingon. All of these are found
there.

Good Luck!

--ngabwI'
HovpoH juHDaq: