tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 19 17:54:57 2003

RE: untranstvty

ghItlh pagh:

>So we know that <meQ> can act as a quality, and can also describe the
>(ongoing) actoin of burning. To make things even worse, there's a bit in
>KGT
>where Okrand compares something like <to'waQ meQ vutwI'> and <to'waQ mIQ
>vutwI'>, implying <meQ> can also be used as a verb meaning "burn (something
>else)".

'ej <<yIn>> wIleghpu': <<tlhIngan yIn DayIn>> "you live a Klingon life";
<<jIHmo' neH bIyIn>> "You're only alive because of me" (these sentences are
not canon, but they demonstrate my point. I've seen quite a few such verbs.)

>I still believe, however, that most verbs are not so versatile.

maQochbe'. ??<<Ha'DIbaH vIvIH>> wIjatlhlaHbe' 'e' vIHar; <<Ha'DIbaH
vIvIHmoH>> lo'nISlu'.

Savan.

QeS lagh

Hotmail is now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/signup.asp

Back to archive top level