tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 19 13:47:04 2003

Re: Skybox cards

At 12:57 PM 6/19/2003 -0400, qurgh wrote:
>I don't know if Okrand had anything to do with the card, but from reading
>the booklet that comes with the Fajo Collection I don't think he did.

I collected the card game when it first came out (I have since stopped; it
got somewhat expensive and I didn't have anyone nearby to play with :-).
When they announced that there was going to be a tlhIngan Hol card, I
emailed Decipher (the company that makes the game) and asked them whether
Okrand had provided the translation or not. They replied that he had not;
one of their people had read the dictionary and translated the Qapla' card.
Since I didn't see any errors in their transation, I think it's pretty
impressive for someone who doesn't use the language otherwise.

- taD

Back to archive top level