tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 16 13:18:16 2003

Re: question

Jesse wrote:

>I am very new at this, but I was wondering about a couple Klingon words
>put together and if it would make any sense at all?  In particular, I'm
>referring to naHGaH yIghos - if it would mean anything at all or not?  I
>even seem to remember hearing it on some episode before, if it was would
>anyone know which series and whic particular episode?
>
>I do know that the command he'chu yIghos translates into Follow the
>course.  That was from Unification Part 1, as well as appearing somewhere
>in the Klingon Dictionary (if I could remember where I placed my copy).

This could be a distortion of Kruge's line in ST3:

   He chu' ghoS.  DIvI' neHmaH.
   New course. Federation neutral zone.

as *{neHmaH yIghoS}?

>I do know that the command he'chu yIghos translates into Follow the
>course.  That was from Unification Part 1, as well as appearing somewhere
>in the Klingon Dictionary (if I could remember where I placed my copy).

Part of it is expanded in TKD (p.72):

   Proper:  He chu' yIghoS   "Follow a new course!"
   Clipped: He chu' ghoS

as an example of Clipped Klingon.

Or, it could be a distortion of

   bIghHa'Daq yIghoS
   Go to jail.

in TKD's List of Useful Expressions (p.171).

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level