tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 12 16:57:50 2003

RE: lugh'a' mughghachvam?

>From: Klingon Warrior <[email protected]>
>
>But I still need to know how to make a verb become a noun.  I understand
>that if the verb has suffixes on it and I need it to become a noun, I add
>-ghach.  But I don't know what those suffixes could be.  That's what I
>can't wrap my head around.  Exactly what suffixes would be used on a verb
>and then get switched to a noun?

That entirely depends on what you want to say.  If I want to say "continuous
drinking," I'll say /tlhutlhtaHghach/.  If I want to say "Fear of drinking,"
I'll say /tlhutlhvIpghach/.  You CANNOT just say "a drink."

SuStel
Stardate 3446.7