tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 12 11:35:56 2003

FW: I too need help with Vocabulary

-----Original Message-----
From: Quvar valer (Lieven) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 2:32 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: I too need help with Vocabulary

SuStel wrote:

>Hi, Dallas!  Welcome to the list!
>
>Don't be alarmed at some of the in-depth discussion you see on this list.
>We speak at all levels here.
>
>Pay close attention to messages with "KLBC" in the subject.  This stands
for
>"Klingon Language Beginner Conversations" (or thereabouts), and it means
>that message is meant to be read by the Beginners' Grammarian, whose name
is
>Quvar.  If you have any questions, or if you want someone to check your
>Klingon, put KLBC in the subject line.

Yes, exactly. I have nothing to add, but I will anyway ;-) Welcome to the
list!
My name is Quvar, my job here as Beginners' Grammarian is to help out
newcomers and beginners in learning Klingon. I correct
grammar and provide advice for those trying to learn Klingon.
If you put KLBC at the beginning of the subject line of a message, it marks
it as a beginner level topic. This may be a question for me,
or just conversation with other beginners in general. KLBC is not limited
onto to participation by beginners, though! Anyone may
contribute. The rule here is that the first person allowed to discuss the
grammar of a KLBC post is the BG (me). Once I've gotten
through with it, if there are any corrections or additions you think of, go
ahead and post. This system keeps the beginner's confusion
down to a minimum. If possible, you should also include what you were trying
to say, in English. This will make it
easier for me to make sure that you say what you are trying to say.

Tell us, where are you from? Maybe you can visit a nearby qepHom...

Feel free to ask any questions, or just try to make some small sentences to
start with.

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH