tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 11 22:36:34 2003

Re: mu'tlheghvam'e' lugh'a'?

I think you have your object and subject mixed up, Warrior.  I think your opening sentence should be, <<lugh'a' mu'tlheghvam'e'>>.  Now, on to your translation...  I would translate that sentence like this:  /muDalmoH 'e' vumtaH 'ej QujtaHbe'/.  Remember, <<vum>> and <<Quj>> are not nouns like they are in the English translation.  You must compromise your Klingon verson using "work" and "play" as verbs.  I think my way says, "Continuously working and not continuously playing, that causes me to be boring."

Se'noj le'umaS <[email protected]> wrote:qaja',

mu'tlheghvam'e' lugh'a'?

Hoch vum 'ej pagh Quj 'e' muDalmoH
All work and no play causes me to be boring (All work and no play makes Jack
a dull boy)

mu'tlheghvam'e'chugh lughbe', yIlughmoH!

Se'noj

Klingon Warrior
taHjaj wo'!