tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 11 21:15:17 2003

RE: lugh'a' mughghachvam?

So, DloraH, when I'm using -ghach on verbs, do you recommend me not trying to make a verb become a noun.  What I mean is, let's say I need a noun to complete my sentence.  The noun I want is not in the dictionary as a verb that has any suffixes on it already (the verb does not come with suffixes already there).  Should I try putting suffixes on it and then add -ghach?  The problem I'm having now is that I don't know exactly how I would add a suffix to a verb then turn that verb into a noun.  Does that make sense?  That's why I want some examples from you guys without using Type 7 Aspect (mainly because I think I know how to use those one's already.  Type 7 Aspect seems like a BS way in making a noun from -ghach).

DloraH <[email protected]> wrote:> ... try not to use Type 7 Aspect suffixes.

These are the canon examples I found.

lo'laHghach value
lo'laHbe'ghach worthlessness
naDHa'ghach discommendation