tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 22 11:07:10 2003

qep'a' wa'maHDIch 'uQ'a'

For those of you planning to attend this year's qep'a' banquet, here's some news:

This year we'll be having our banquet at The Lagoon, a hotel/restaurant/nightclub less than a mile away from the conference hotel.

There's plenty of parking at The Lagoon for those who want to drive. There will also be a small shuttle van available to transport some people to and from the hotel.

Attendees are encouraged to arrive between 6:00 and 6:30 pm, with dinner to start (in theory) at 7:00 pm.

You'll have your choice of one of the following three entrees:

Prime Rib: Au jus, topped with onion rings.

Raviolis: Cheese raviolis served with spinach and portabella mushrooms in a sun-dried tomato sauce.

Chicken Carbonara: Chicken breast sauteed with prosciutto, seasoned with cracked black peppercorns simmered in a garlic parmesan cream sauce, served over Caritappi pasta.

In addition, all dinners include a Caesar salad, bread, vegetable, potato, and your choice of soft drinks or iced tea. Alcoholic beverages are available, but they are not included in your banquet charge.

Now, a small request: Dinner will run more smoothly if I can inform the restaurant how many (approximately) of each meal to prepare, rather than waiting until we're all there. So... if you would, send me an email to let me know what you'd like as your entree. Address it to me at <[email protected]> and put the word "Banquet" in the subject line.

Also, if you have specific dietary requirements that will not be met by any of the three entrees listed above (e.g., Kosher, Vegan) please specify what you can/cannot eat in your email and the restaurant should be able to accomodate you without any fuss (again, provided they get some advance notice).

Finally, if you'd like to know more about this year's banquet site, feel free to visit <http://www.thelagoon.net>

Lawrence

Back to archive top level