tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 15 17:05:33 2003

Re: trademark and copyright

I'm just curious, if someone were to produce an amateur
Klingon film that was not sold but just posted on a
website, how does this differ from fan fiction using
the Trek universe that someone writes and posts on a
Website?  I've seen plenty of examples of the latter,
including some that I _know_ take the characters in
directions that Paramount would not like. Are all of
those illegal?  And if these are legal, what distinguishes
a filmed fanfic story from a written one?

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level