tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 14 22:26:53 2003

Re: Is the language too bound for its own good? (was Re: Klingon - Terminolog...

there was also a piece on the Daily Show (on Comedy Central) last year, I
believe, but it was comedy central, so..lol

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:33:50 -0500 Alan Anderson <[email protected]>
writes:
> >> We need to brainstorm ideas on how to get the word out about the
> language...
>
> ja' DloraH:
> >Well, if someone would win the lottery we could afford to advertise
> our
> >qepHommey on TV.  :)
>
> We did get widespread exposure with the Early Show piece on CBS last
> year.
>
> Unfortunately, there were two big problems with it.  First, the
> studio
> personalities treated it as a joke, missing the point and insulting
> us
> unforgivably.  Worse, they failed to give ANY contact information
> for the
> KLI.  I find myself wondering whether there are people who saw it
> and
> wanted to join but didn't know how.
>
> (Of course, anyone who seriously looks for a group of Klingon
> speakers will
> certainly find the Klingon Language Institute web site.)
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!