tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 14 15:03:51 2003

Re: Where To Learn How To Speak Klingon

"Jim Uht" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Klingon has been recognized as a real language, although artificial in origin.
>Where can one learn how to speak Klingon?

 H E R E
If you like to know more about Klingon language sources, (books, tapes, CD, ...) visit this group's FAQ described below.

>I an a newcomer to the list.

Greetings, and welcome to the list!
   My Name is Quvar, I am the current Beginners' Grammarian, my job here is to help out newcomers and beginners in learning
Klingon.  I correct grammar and provide advice for those trying to learn Klingon. If you put KLBC at the beginning of the subject line
of a message, it marks it as a beginner level topic. This may be a question for me, or just conversation with other beginners in general.
KLBC is not limited onto to participation by beginners, though! Anyone may contribute. The rule here is that the first person allowed
to discuss the grammar of a KLBC post is the BG (me). Once I've gotten through with it, if there are any corrections or additions you
think of, go ahead and post. This system keeps the beginner's confusion down to a minimum. If possible, you should also include
what you were trying to say, in English. This will make it easier for me to make sure that you say what you are trying to say.

The three most important web sites to be aware of, if you are not already:

The Klingon Language Institute:
http://www.kli.org

This list's FAQ:

The recently set up Klingon WikiWikiWeb:
/wiki/

The FAQ will certainly answer many of your first questions, and it provides information about how you can learn Klingon and use
this mailing list, and the KLBC.

Maybe you can introduce yourself  (in english or klingon) or show us how much klingon you know so far.
What language resources do you have already? Have you been thinking about a Klingon name yet? Where are you from?

Feel free to ask questions, analyze other people's messages, and attempt your own. Hope to read you soon!

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH

Back to archive top level