tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 12 14:49:15 2003

Re: (Fwd) [KLBC] wa'leS

My intention was to say:

"Today I receive my exam results" I saw the best way of doing this as today, I acquire
the one which reports /ja'wI'/ on my one which exams /nuDwI'wIj/. I had to guess at this
as I could find no equivelent for exam or results, so I tried to recast it as the report of my
exams. Maybe it wasn't a very good recasting. (By the way I got 37 points out of 45,
which means I am into University next year!)

The next bit was trying to say that I was worried, because if the grades were bad I would
not get a place at university, I think this was ok.

The final thing was meant to say, "I hope that I am lucky", but I have never really
understood the exact use of SAO, although it has been explained to me before, maybe
you could direct me to some exercises?

Hopefully this clarifies things a little! If you could suggest how you would say this I would
be greatful.

On 12 Jul 2003 at 13:34, Lieven wrote:

> ghItlh [email protected]:
>
> >I am forwarding this just to get the opinion on whether the language
> >is right or not,
>
> Then you should add some english translation, how can I know what you
> intend to say?
>
> >wa'leS, nuDwI'wIj ja'wI' vISuq!
>
> "Today I acquired the reporter of my examiner" (?)
> That's what your sentence says. It's grammatically correct, but is it
> what you wanted to say? I admit I don't understand. Did you receive
> any grades or so?
>
> >jIbItqu'bej,
>
> correct.
>
> >qabchurgh 'ampaSDaq vIjaHbe'.
>
> {qabchugh} [no R, even though it sounds like that]
> The rest is okay, but I don't understand your sentence.
> Please forward it again, with english!
>
> >vItul 'e' jIDo'. --
>
> wrong.
>
> Quvar