tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 11 15:53:39 2003

RE: Sleep is for the Weak

Hagh, Hagh, Hagh!  vIparHa'qu'!  <<qaSpa' DungluQ tlhIngan jIHbe'>>!  tlhaQqu'!

Eric Andeen <[email protected]> wrote:Klingon Warrior:
> Well, so far I have a prefered way of saying, "Sleep is for
> the Weak." I compiled this version from two of your
> suggestions: /QongnIS pujwI'pu''e' neH/. Though I really
> hate pronouncing the prefixes /-pu'/ and /'e'/ at the end of
> my nice sentences, :) , I really like how this phrase has
> turned out. But please, keep sending in different ways to
> say it...maybe something that's not so long...a quicker way...

Plurals are (almost) always optional, and when stating generalities, I
generally leave them off as a matter of style. The suggestion to add <-nIS>
was also quite good. So I'd go with .

Also bear in mind a somewhat related Klingon proverb: tlhInganpu'>. Obviously an exaggeration, but still valid.

po vIpar jIH, 'ej qaStaHvIS po vIttlheghvam'e' muqawmoH vay', vaj jIjangmeH
jIjatlh .

pagh

Klingon Warrior
taHjaj wo'!