tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 10 15:21:20 2003

Re: Epithets and Curses

An epithet is a term given to name calling.  When you call someone a (pardon my English) "Dick," that's an epithet.  The word "dick" is a scientific term applied to whales.  But when it's used in a derogatory sense, it becomes an epithet.  Same with other name calls such as, "(female dog)," "jerk," mother*&#@%$," "!##hole," etc.  All actually mean something else, but the way we use it indicates an insult.  At least this is how my dictionary explains it.

marien danzig <[email protected]> wrote: Just to be a bit pedantic, isn't the word you wanted to use "expletive"?
"Epithet" more-or-less means "name", doesn't it?

--DantlhIgh

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 19:35:44 -0700 (PDT) Klingon Warrior
writes:
>I'm looking to compile a list of every Klingon Epithet and Curse word
>(not whole phrases for insulting someone, just the word). Does
>anyone have such a list, know where I can get such a list, or
>perhaps have memorized any/all of these? Thanks!!
>

>Klingon Warrior
>taHjaj wo'!
>Darren M. Slade

http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=174&referral=Hotmail_taglines_plain&URL=http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/default.asp