tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 09 14:54:43 2003

Re: Epithets and Curses

Voragh, do you have a personal updated list of every epithet and curse word?  I'm really just looking for every curse and epithet cannon to tlhIngan Hol and MO.

"Captain Bat'leth" wrote:
>http://www.geocities.com/Athens/8853/curse.html

This was an annotated list I did a few years ago for Glen Proechel's
fanzine <>. Ken Traft, the editor, surprised me by mounting it
on their web site (http://www.geocities.com/Athens/8853/). There are two
things to keep in mind:

1. It's basically just an annotated list of examples - from Okrand and
Paramount - and various theories people have suggested to explain their
meanings. I kept track provided some context of where we heard these words
on screen to provide a little context for those trying to rate them in
intensity. N.B. Paramount's usage often differs from Okrand's explanation
in "Conversational Klingon".

2. I haven't kept this web page up to date - from the last couple of
seasons of DS9 to the present. I have, however, kept my own files current
so if anyone is interested in more examples of, say, {petaQ} in the
episodes, I can provide them on request.

pe'vIl mu'qaDmey tIbach!
(Curse well!)

--
Voragh