tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 09 11:14:52 2003

Re: yu' jIghaj...

> I see nothing wrong with constructing the phrases with ANY
> appropriate
> genitive noun; your choice of noun will alter your meaning.

agreed. there are all kinds of examples of this (tailoring your word
choices to suit your precise meaning) in english, and (in most instances)
klingon is more precise and exact than english. (For instance, there
isn't one specific dedicated word in DIvI' Hol to indicate the "dirt
under fingernails", a distinct word for the first meeting between two
entities, or any shorter way to say "ponytail holder". So it really does,
in this case, rest with the speaker and HechghachDaj.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!