tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 07 13:23:58 2003

Re: /rI'/ (was Re: Kash jIH.)

Voragh:
> >> When in doubt about the meaning of Klingon words - especially
> >> those listed in TKD - always think of how the word is used in
> >> Star Trek.

Lawrence:
> > And yet, consider Krankor's experience with "storm" as described in a
> > recent installment of From the Grammarian's Desk.

DloraH:
>If we used "storm" the way it's used in Star Trek, it would be a weather
>term,
>like it's suppose to be.  ST is always mentioning different kinds of storms,
>but never talks about klingons storming the castle.

I always assumed {jev} was a weather term since in ST3 - the movie Okrand
created the language for - the Genesis Planet is wracked with storms, rain
and snow.  He created several weather and geography terms in case he needed
to use them at the last minute.  But since Klingons don't talk much about
the weather, we never heard them on screen. <g>

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level