tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 24 16:52:56 2003

RE: Drinking songs

> > tera'nganpu'vaD Hegh Danob! jaghvaD Hegh Danob!
> > romuluSnganpu'vaD Hegh Danob! yImupqu'!
> >
> > The last two lines seem a bit long, though.
>
> They can be simplified with the verb form of { Hegh } --
>
> Hegh romuluSngan wIneH!
> "We want Romulans to die."

I find "want" to be too weak for a klingon song.
I "want" a million dollars.
Beauty contest contestants "want" world peace.
A klingon battle song would be more confident in their ability.

> The plural suffix isn't really necessary, I don't think.

The plurals were the first thing to come to my mind when he said the lines
were too long.

DloraH

Back to archive top level