tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 24 02:42:21 2003

Drinking songs

nuqneH, tera'ngan quv

A ST book I read recently, book one of the Double Helix" series, has a
drinking song's chorus from the time of the war with tera'nganpu' and
romuluSnganpu'. It reads:

Comrades in death, in death we live!
Drink up, my brothers, tomorrow we give!
Death to the humans! Death to the foe!
Death to the Romulans! Strike a deadly blow!

This may be a fun one to translate. I can get:

HeghDaq juppu', HeghDaq mayIn!
Huch tlhutlh, loDnI'wI', wa'leS manob!
tera'nganpu'vaD Hegh Danob! jaghvaD Hegh Danob!
romuluSnganpu'vaD Hegh Danob! yImupqu'!

The last two lines seem a bit long, though.

Se'noj
HovpoH 3064.8