tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 19 12:08:08 2003

Re: KLBC - snow

Gina wrote:

>Okay then this is what I came up with last night.  only thing i'm not sure
>of is which verb to but the prefix and suffixes on, so I chose cold.
Depends on what you want to say, of course ;-)

>mubIrchoHmoH peD Hur.
"It makes me cold. The outside snows."
You remember? {peD} is a verb.
I believe we don't know exactly what kind of things can "snow". Can "the outside snow"? I doubt it. You could say "it's snowing in/at the outside"...

>but looking at it now, i can't decide if that's right, or if i should put
>them on snow.
You should put them on both! (if necessary)
In this case, the verb {peD} can take suffixes like "because", "perfectly", or "while".
And the verb {bIr}, the one that "describes" you, might take the suffixes you've already used.

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH

Back to archive top level