tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 23 11:29:22 2003

Re: KLBC: {ben}

<[email protected]> wrote:

>> And besides, since we are talking about the age of somebody, the
>> {bogh} MUST have happened in the PAST.
>
>Not necessarily.  A young couple talking about the family their going to
>have.

Yeees... I need to be more clear (sometimes I don't write what I think):
We started with "I am X years old". If you say *exactly this* sentence using {bogh}, then it's past, everybody who
can say that he is born must have born already, probably in the past. (under normal circumstances)

>How would one say something like "When he will have been born 16 years ago,
>he can get his drivers' license."?

qaSDI' nenghep, Duj chIjlaHbej.

>With time stamps functioning the way we know them, how do we specify a
>future age?

You mean something like
   {Soch nem wejmaH ben jIbogh} ??

Quvar.