tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 23 07:50:14 2003

Re: KLBC- 3 questions

SuStel wrote:

>There doesn't seem to have been any response to this for four days, so I'm
>going to step in and answer it.  I hope the Beginners' Grammarian doesn't
>mind.

No, he don't mind. I've been a little busy lately, but now I'm back. You will notice! ;-)

>We are told in TKD how to use numbers with nouns.  When the number comes
>after the noun, it numbers the noun.  /DuS wa'/ "torpedo tube number one."
>When the number comes before the noun, it counts the noun: /wa' DuS/ "one
>torpedo tube."  This is just the way it is, and must be learned.

Actually, there is not very much to learn here, since it's the same way as in English, or German.
[I use another word, to keep translation simple]

{tlhIngan wa'} - "Klingon one" - "Klingone eins"
{wa' tlhIngan} - "one Klingon" - "ein Klingone"

>SuStel
>Stardate 3137.0

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian