tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 20 14:06:36 2003

Re: QongDaqDaq

> > Tell me what /'oH/ refers to in that sentence.
>
> 'oH refers to the idea that a guy, on earth, speaks a language that was
> created as a prop. The wonder and amazement felt by me when I realise the
> whole concept of a tool going from one persons mind to becoming something
> that a group of beings can actually use to communicate their thoughts,
> opinions and beliefs.
>
> > Bah.  Pronouns substitute for other things.  /'oH/ substitutes for a "thing"
> > noun.  /'e'/ substitutes for a previously-stated sentence.  You tell me what
> > noun /'oH/ in your sentence is referring to.

This general topic came up this past weekend at Farpoint (with MO present); the
need for a pronoun that refers to a "topic".
ie: "I can't talk about that right now", with the "that" not simply being a
previous sentence.

But of course MO didn't give an answer yet.  He just listened to everyone
discuss it.

DloraH

Back to archive top level