tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 12 01:41:55 2003

object of {ra'}

Good morning.
Your friendly grammarian likes to ask a question too.
  ;-)

What's the object of {ra'} "command"?

   yIHoH 'e' vIra'
   yIHoH, qara'

Does anyone know how to use {ruch}? We have the canon curse {targhlIj yIngagh yIruch} "Go mate with your Targ!", then
the following must be correct: {yIHoH yIruch} "Go kill him!"

I've also been thinking about the length of {leng} "voyage".
If someone has been travelling for many days, then I'd say {leng nI'}. And if the trip was not so long, but the distance was
very huge, I'd call it {leng tIq}. What do you say?

Quvar.

Back to archive top level