tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 10 14:11:45 2003

Re: parmaqqay bomvaD

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 01:07:17PM -0700, Eric Andeen wrote:
> To describe an island, I usually use some variation of <puH Dechbogh bIQ>.
Which could, unfortunately, refer just as easily to the entire main
landmass of Kronos - or any other land that doesn't happen to be on an
arid planet.  I would think *puHHom was a possibility, except that
<puH> seems to be a collective (Voragh?) - don't know if we can refer
to "a land", which would seem to be required to refer to a "landlet".

--marqoS

Back to archive top level