tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 09 11:00:25 2003

Re: parmaqqay bomvaD

Since this wasn't marked KLBC, I'll have a go.

>parmaqqay bomvaD

Since I assume you mean "a song for (my) love" and not "a love for (my)
song", I suggest <parmaqqayvaD bom>.  You may even want to explicitly state
that it is for your love, <parmaqqaywI'vaD bom>.

>qamuSHa'bej

maj

>be'*bIQpuH'a'*wI'

I'm assuming you mean "my island woman" (as opposed to, say, "my female
island") and I would say <bIQpuH'a' be'wI'>

>DalIjQo'

Although this works as "You will not forget it", I think that sentiment
would be better expressed as <not DalIj>.  If however, you meant "Don't
forget it", I would say <yIlIjQo'> or even <not yIlIj>.

>loDnal QaQ jImojrup
>be'nalwI' bImoj vIneH

I think these should be <vImojrup> and <Damoj>; that is, I think the thing
you are becoming is the object of <moj>.

>qamuSHa'ba'

maj

Quvar (and/or former BG's), please correct any errors I've made in my
corrections.

-Sangqar