tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 05 14:55:46 2003

Re: KBoP

DantlhIgh wrote:

>i see a lot of reference in this list to this canon item, "KBoP", which if
>i understand correctly is a poster of a Klingon Bird of Prey, yes?  By
>Hallmark, i believe?

No, it's published by SciPubTech.  KBOP is the Klingon Bird-of-Prey
cut-away poster, a 3 x 2 foot color schematic drawing labelled in
Klingon!   Here's all the information I have on it:

   c.1998 Paramount Pictures.
   Designed By: Nilo Rodis & Bill George
   Klingon Translation: Marc Okrand.
   Computer Illustration: Bob Kayganich.
   Technical Illustration: Matt Cushman.
   Creative Director: Marty Petz.

>Where can i get a copy of this poster? i do not believe it ever made its
>way to our hallowed shores, here in Australia.  The more i hear about, the
>more i really think i want one. ;)

I believe that I got mine from the KLI in 1998, but I checked the KLI
Merchant page at

   /stuff/Merchant.html

but didn't see it listed.  It may be sold out, but it might be worth
writing Lawrence to see if he has one or two stray copies left.  Or you can
contact the publisher directly SciPubTech at

   http://www.scipubtec.com/

I just checked their site and the poster is still available at US$19.95.

The poster is well worth getting, if you can afford it, and is suitable for
framing (as they say).

--
Voragh                            "Damage control is easy. Reading Klingon
- that's

Back to archive top level