tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 27 10:32:13 2003

Re: KLBC ti'SopwI'

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tree d'Eris" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2003 8:39 AM
Subject: re: KLBC ti'SopwI'

> "Klingons do not need such a word as... " doesn't satisfy my need to
> communicate, nor encourage my desire to learn.

{jItlhIj} That statement was merely speculation. I realize now that my
wording did not make that clear, and I certainly did NOT intend to
discourage your learning.

> After all, veganism isn't that usual on Earth.

But the difference is that new words in English can come from ANYWHERE, and
become a part of the language when enough people start to use a new word.
{tlhIngan Hol}, on the other hand, can only gain new words when Dr. Okrand
says there's a new word. English has (I believe) more than 250,000 words,
with Klingon sporting a mere 3,000. In your original post, I thought you
were asking for a simple, one-word  translation, such as {Sor} for "tree" or
{qut} for "crystal". I was saying that I did not believe there was such a
simple translation, then I went into more complex translations to help you
to get the information you wanted.
Sorry for the confusion.

--ngabwI'
HovpoH juHDaq: