tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 21 00:25:09 2003

Re: qatlh vay' vInuQ :)

>> DaH vISov 'ej Sovlu'DI' rIntaH may' bID.

ja' SuStel:
>Nice rendering of "knowing is half the battle."  We've got some evidence
>that it should be /bID may'/, but the evidence is not clear I think.

The evidence we do have is {lo' law' bID choQ} "half utility deck" on the
Bird of Prey poster.  However, that's talking about a "half deck".  If
{bID} follows the {Hoch} pattern, then {bID may'} would be a "half battle",
while {may' bID} would be "half of the battle".  I think Paul's word order
is likely to be the right way here.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level