tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 01 19:02:27 2003

Re: Use of {'ISjaH}

ja' ngabwI':
>Can anyone tell me how the noun {'ISjaH} (calendar) is used?

While I can tell you how it's been used by people writing email, I don't
know of any authoritative information on how it's used by the assumed real
Klingon.

>Is it used in the sense of "The Gregorian Calendar", a system of marking
>the progression of days into months and years,
>or as in "The 2003 Klingon Word of the Day Calendar", the physical tabular
>register used a reference for a given calendar system?

I've used it for both of those, as well as the more abstract idea of a
labeled period of time.

'ISjaHwIjDaq qep'a' wa'maHDIch vIchelbejta'.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level