tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 26 20:09:33 2002

KLBC: translation

Greetings,

it has been awhile since I have asked for some help with translations.  I have been reading some of the post on this site.  Some I understand, while there are a lot that are currently beyond my learning level.

I would like some one with more experience than I to translate the following from the play "The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet"

Act I Scene V

Romeo

O, she doth teach the torches to burn bright!
It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night
Like a rich jewel in an Ethiop's ear;
Beauty too rich for use, for earth to dear!
So shows a snowy dove trooping with crows,
As yonder lady o'er her fellows shows.
The measure done, I'll watch her place of stand,
And, touching hers, make blessed my rude hand.
Did my heart love till now?  forswear it, sight!
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.

Thanks in advance for any help that I may receive.

Qapla'

baraSungey yavmang bu' laqSmIy tugh
tlhIngan wo'Duj Deb qulHom

Back to archive top level