tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 24 10:37:06 2002

Re: Canon: choH, tagh

ter'eS asks:

>Is there any canon or concensus regarding the transitivity
>of {choH} and {tagh}?  All I can remember is {taghbej mu'qaD
>veS}, but it seems to me there is also canon marking {tagh}
>as transitive.  I can't recall any canon for {choH} at all.

choH  alter, change (v.):

   DaH Heraj yIchoH
   Alter your course now. (MO's ST5 notes)

   HIvHe yIchoHmoH
   Alter the attack course! ST5

   ghopDu' choHpu' Qe'
   The restaurant has altered hands.
   [N.B. Example of a bad translation for the idiomatic "The restaurant
    has changed hands."] KGT

tagh  begin a process, initiate (v.):

   taghbej mu'qaD veS
   Curse-warfare has definitely begun. PK

   Qu' DataghDI' 'aqtu' mellota' je yIqaw
   When you begin a mission, remember Aktuh and Mellota. TKW

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level