tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 30 10:01:07 2002

Re: KLBC

wrote Tad Stauffer <[email protected]>:

>Hmmmm... according to The Klingon Dictionary, {Sup} is listed as just the
>verb "jump", with no further clarification about "in" or "over" something.
Right.
So you can also just "jump" in place, up and down, without going somewhere.
(I don't want to imagine Klingons jumping around :-)

>listed in the MSN Klingon language resources as "jump (to leap or go
>over)", and Quvar probably modified his notes to reflect this.
So this definition describes the verb "jump", not the verb {Sup}.

>definitions from MSN were made up by the people who created the MSN
>resources, and aren't official definitions from Marc Okrand.
Really? I hope I don't have too many of these "non-canon" clarifications.

>To be on the safe side, I'd suggest Gina rewrite "The boys jumped in the
>lake" keeping the verb as (Sup) and subject as (loDHompu'), as above.
I agree.

>If you have any questions, I'm sure Quvar will be happy to explain
>further or give some more examples. :-)
Of sure!

>- taD (former Beginners' Grammarian)

Quvar