tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 30 09:24:44 2002

Important news concerning qep'a' wa'maHDIch

I have been in contact this morning with a rep from the Radisson hotel, the
site of qep'a' HutDIch.

Based on a verbal agreement reached at the end of August, I believed we would
be returning to that hotel for next summer's conference. However, the actual
written contract which I received a few days ago bears no resemblance to the
terms of last year's contract, nor the kind of reasonable changes I had been
expecting.

The new contract is, quite simply, brutal and beyond our ability to afford. I
made that very clear to the rep on the phone this morning, and she will take
this information back to her boss, but the outcome will probably be that we
will *not* be returning to the Radisson Hotel Valley Forge.

This means that I need to scramble and try to find a new site for us, with
only about a nine-month lead time. In the world of conferences and
conventions that's not a lot of time.

I'll post more news as I have it, but it might be a week or more before
anything firm comes through.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level